About Me

My photo
Hi. I'm just a simple nobody - with a simpleton mind, simple values, simple views.. It doesn't matter if you don't view my blog. Personally, I don't really care. Hello, and good-bye.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hmm.

I never realised that songs could make you cry.

Well, anyway, The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin made me cry.

I love old songs. If they're of the rock or early 90's grunge genre.

Probably makes me have bad taste in today's era.

Today's music makes me cringe sometimes. It's so new sounding.

Maybe because I live in the past.

I hate 2010.

I'm pretty sure this decade is going to suck.

It hasn't even been half a year yet and it sucks.

--

I'm bored.

Okay, so I'll tell you what I must do ensure in a song before I like it.

I'll have examples for each point -- For the ones that are negative, there are examples for them too; just that those songs are the types of songs that I dislike.

- Good, understandable, meaningful, decodeable lyrics.
i.e. Nirvana - Drain You. It shows that somehow, Kurt Cobain was going through a tough time. (Most likely based on his drug abuse.)

- A nice tune to it.
i.e. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.

- If it isn't too boppy, but still has somewhat of a strong beat to it.
i.e. Three Days Grace - Just Like You

- If the music is able to project an image into my mind.
i.e. Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

- If it doesn't sound too new or tacky.
i.e. Ke$ha - Tik Tok

- If it isn't too lovey dovey.
i.e. Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

There are exceptions to these though. But they only apply to classical music.

-- GOODBYE.

2 comments:

  1. My msn has screwed itself up again, so I'll just say here... songs can totally make you cry. I cried in a few. Well, it depends on the subject mostly, and how well the lyrics are written. And with how much emotion it's performed with. And stuff like that.

    2010 totally sucks! I hate this year so much. I miss 2009 even though people say that was the worst year ever. Die, 2010!
    Crilley says that in twenty years time, no one will know how to write with pens anymore. Which makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ABSOLUTELY HATE 2010.

    2009 WAS WAY BETTER.

    ReplyDelete